Listening. Understanding. Engaging.
X Factor Communications is a social media marketing and influencer relations consultancy specialising in B2B.
We help clients plan, set up and manage their presence on social networks.
We specialise in helping clients identify and connect with target audiences such as customers, new business prospects, media, analysts and other key influencers. We then help nurture those connections in support of clients' commercial objectives.
One of the UK's earliest-established B2B social media consultancies, we work with clients in the UK and beyond, with a particular focus on digital, outsourcing / BPS, high tech and financial services.
Clients past and present include Dell, Virgin Money, TSB, Ascot Lloyd, Virgin Group, Bellpenny, Mirum, Foolproof, Polecat, Lloyds Banking Group, Virgin Wines, Naked Wines, Capital Private Finance and Moneyfacts.
We also mentor CEOs and other C Suite execs on social media marketing and in developing their personal social media brand. This includes proxy management of their personal social media presence.
Welcome to the blog! You can see my blog posts below.
CLIENTS PAST & PRESENT INCLUDE...
Lloyds Banking Group
Capital Private Finance
X Factor Communications is headed by Tony Wood who is recognised as one of the UK's leading B2B social media experts.
Prior to setting up XFC, Tony was a founding director of Virgin Money, where he spent more than a decade in various board-level marketing, brand and PR roles:
- One of team of three Founding Directors - along with Rowan Gormley and Jayne-Anne Gadhia - who created and built Virgin Direct (now Virgin Money)
- Marketing Director, Virgin Money 1995-1999; PR & Communications Director virginmoney.com, 1999-2001; Group Brand & Corporate Affairs Director Virgin Money, 2001-2005.
- Acted as Brand Champion for Virgin Direct throughout its hugely successful assault on UK financial services in the late 1990’s. Led on the product design, marketing and PR campaigns for the Virgin PEP and subsequent investment products.
- Helped launch the Virgin One Account – the revolutionary flexible mortgage product which spawned an important new segment of the UK’s home loan market.
- Part of the team, along with Paul Pester and Rohan Gamble, which developed, from concept stage, the Virgin Credit Card in Australia. This was widely considered to be the most successful consumer product launch in Australian financial services history.
- Headed up global brand and communications during the launch and subsequent initial rapid expansion of the Virgin Credit Card in the UK.
X Factor Communications has helped us put Social Media at the centre of our PR and Marketing strategy.
Peter Ballard, Managing Partner, Foolproof
Tony is authoritative in the fast-moving world of social marketing. He brings progressive thinking, deep insights and flair to his work.
Andrew Burnett, Partner, Burlywood Capital
We decided to bring in an expert in social media to establish our presence and strategy so we turned to Tony. There has been a significant uptake in subscriptions and general traffic to our website...it has been well worth the ongoing investment.
Nigel Winter, Publisher, Professional Outsourcing Magazine
Your contribution over the past nine years has been highly valued …a real asset to the business. I miss having you around!
Sir Richard Branson, Chairman Virgin Group